An Author may designate EASAP output in various report formats.
We have already seen how to create a report as an Excel spreadsheet, here we show how to use an HTML report for output.
The OUTPUT branch of the Tree contains objects which will render to HTML.
We use an HTML file as a template and insert values from the EASAP using the Template Editor.
For the Stock Screener we create a report that contains:
1. Login and start the Builder:
2. Add a report.
3. We edit report_body.html using the Template Editor.
The Template Editor will launch in a new window.
4. Designate literal strings in the file as object references, new values will be inserted after a User clicks submit.
At this point, we have added three SCALAR references to the template HTML file.
The Template Editor window should look like the following,
5. Save the document and return to the EASAP Builder.
1. We display a table with our stock results.
2. We display a count of the number of stock results.
3. We add a link to the Excel spreadsheet file.
1. Add a TEXT OUTPUT to display a heading above our table of stocks.
We have completed Session 7, continue to the next session to test the EASAP.