We add a dynamic schematic diagram of the cantilevered plate, and at the end of the session our EASAP will look like this,
1. Select our EASAP and start up the Builder.
2. We create a DIAGRAM to contain lines and rectangles.
The child objects under DIAGRAM are drawn in the order that they appear on the Tree from top-to-bottom. Thus we draw the background first, and then draw the two rectangles afterward. If we drew the background last, it would hide the rectangles from view.
3. Let's add a RECTANGLE to act as a white background for our diagram.
Expressions that pass the automatic checks will becolored blue. If a problem is detected, the expression will be colored red.
4. Add another RECTANGLE, a grey wall to which the plate is fastened.
5. Add a third RECTANGLE to show the actual plate in red with variable length and thickness.
7. Let's check our work and test the EASAP.
We are now finished with Session 2. Let's continue with Session 3.